Thursday 27 November 2014

2014 Athletics

“Have you participated in athletics before”? Pt England had their  athletics. Mr Burt  was going to say the prayer but It rained on our course so we all gathered up and Mr Burt told us to bow our heads and closed our eyes for an opening prayer. After Miss Va'afusuaga dismissed all the year groups went to there first event.

Year 5 boys first event was hurdles and ladders.We had to tiptoe through the ladder and then we had to try and jump the hurdles.It was kind of easy but the part that people struggled with was  when you had to jump over  the hurdels. But I still made it back.

After a while of doing ladder’s and hurdles the year 5 boys went to the next event.There next event was the shot put. Shot put was alright,” I thought to myself.Our next event was the high jump when we got there Miss King said “people that are confident on the right and the not so much confident on the left side.” So basicly It was split up into two groups .


FINALLY!!!! It’s time for the year 5 to do there sprints and I’m ready and pumped for this.I know I can only do my best.We lined up got set then the clappers banged and I ran my heart out as if I was running like a lion to score the winning try in my league game.

I felt really good about myself and proud even though I came second.Next time I can do only better.I enjoyed every minute of it with my friend and teacher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.