Tuesday 12 April 2016

FIAFIA NIGHT 2016

Malo e lelei this year in 2016 week 10 of term 1 at school we have our Fiafia night. The Fiafia night is a night the we celebrate each cultural group shares what they have been practised for about 5 to 6 weeks of hard work. The groups that would be performing would be all the pacific islands and also burma's, also the asian  group, and the last group hiphop.

In Fiafia i’m in the tongan group. I joined the tongan group because my whole family is tongan and also I want to make my family and represent my family. In the Tongan we practise in the Whare Whono. My role is to be a perfect dancer my position on the stage is to stand in the front row. The tutor for the tongan group is Ivan which is Joshua's Dad.

On wednesday two days before our the night of fiafia we had our rehearsal just so that we can get our permanence right. And so that we can do our permanence without doing any mistake. our permanence went well but we had to sit in the sun for 2 hours from 11:00  to 1:30 pm.

For our Item we are doing a Tongan boys traditional  dance called Taufakaniua. We perform the dance with a broom stick .


2 comments:

  1. I so wished I could have been there to see all the awesome performances. I know that you would have given it heaps to represent your family and school. Ka pai Alpha! from Matua Wyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a graceful performer Alfa. I'm sure your family was very proud of you and the entire group. I heard you being really supportive during the evening for other children too. Malie - malo Alfa!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.